1 cup uncooked white rice (170g)
2.5 cups milk of choice (600g)
1/2 tsp salt
¼ cup sugar
1/2 cup Herman Pistachio butter
2/3 cup water (160g)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
20 grams chopped Pistachios for Garnish
serves: 4 – 6
- In a medium Saucepan bring the milk to a boil.
- Add the rice and salt, cover, and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook until rice is thick and fluffy.
- Remove cover, stir in the Pistachio butter, vanilla extract, sugar and water and return to a boil.
- Cover the pot and turn off heat allowing it to sit for about 20 minutes while the rice soaks up all the water.
- Plate the rice pudding in a bowl, garnish with the chopped pistachio and serve either hot or cold. Enjoy!